About Us

Lilley Farms is a fully integrated dairy and beef farm located in Smyrna, Maine. Our dairy operation currently consists of a 130 cow Holstein milking herd. Cows are milked two times per day in a double-seven herringbone parlor and have a herd average of 23,000 pounds of milk per cow per year with 4.2% Butterfat and 3.3% Protein. Milk is marketed through Houlton Farms Dairy, a small dairy located in Houlton, Maine.

Our beef operation consists of 55 Holstein steers which are sold under our Lilley Farms Natural Holstein Beef label. Steers are marketed at 18 months of age and with an average dress weight of 800 pounds.

History

Lilley Farms was started in 1946 by Burns and Juanita Lilley at our current location on the Smyrna Center Road. In 1959 we built the first loose housing barn in Aroostook County and welcomed visitors from around the world. Perry joined the operation in 1971 after graduating from the University of Maine with a degree Agriculture Engineering. James returned to the farm full-time in 1974 after completing his degree in at the University of Maine in 1969 and a stint in the United States Coast Guard, where he was named Coast Guardsmen of the Year in 1970. In 1980 the farm was incorporated as Lilley Farms Inc.

In 2004 the Southern Aroostook Soil and Water Conservation District awarded Lilley Farms with it's Conservation Farmer of the Year award.

Design By Alpha Studio.